[Dailydrool] grieving pets

Sabrina brii at sprynet.com
Mon Jun 13 14:00:48 PDT 2011

When our aged Golden Retriever Amy, Brendan's best friend, had to be
PTS, we took Brendan along to the vet. We all sat on the floor, said
our final goodbyes, then the vet gave Hailey the injection. At the
instant that  the vet, stethoscope to her chest, said, "She's gone"
Brendan turned away from Amy and headed for the door. I believe that
Amy's scent changed and Brendan knew she had passed. He grieved for a
month, was off his food, and occasionally cried for her. After a
while, we got him another Golden from Golden Retriever Rescue. After
you're approved by Golden Retriever Rescue here, you're invited to
adoption events. We brought Brendan, and he picked out his new
companion, Hailey. Brendan has since gone to join Amy at the Rainbow
Bridge, but we still have Hailey. And she has two Bassets.

Sabrina Nicholls, Hailey, Ellie, and Buddy