[Dailydrool] Update on Maya

Brenda Weddle bweddlern at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 07:21:25 PST 2011

I called the vet about 11:30 last night because she still was not drinking and the mucous membranes in her mouth were getting dry. He suggested giving her an ounce of Gatorade every little bit. The electrolytes will help her and the salt content may make her thirsty. I happened to have some fruit punch Gatorade and gave her some. I had to give it by syringe and make her take it. She got about 4 ounces over the course of a couple hours, then she got up and peed a river (thank the lord we have tile floors). I was never so happy to clean up pee! The rest of the night she would get up and move around and this morning she lapped a little water up that had spilled on the floor.
She is very obviously feeling better, but has a long way to go until she is healed. Thanks to everyone for the prayers, good wishes and drool. We were afraid we were going to lose our little Husky girl, but she has turned the corner now for the good.
Brenda and the Thundering Herd