[Dailydrool] Miss Angela watch

bjenk1 at cox.net bjenk1 at cox.net
Tue Mar 1 08:15:59 PST 2011

Bill here, press agent/physical trainer to Miss Angela Basset,
Droop and Drool Diva of Wichita and Sedgwick County

For those who had wondered about the absence of coverage
of the doings of the Drool's most prominent Diva, Miss Angela
is alive and well.  We had a very snowy winter here in south
central Kansas and things ground slowly to a halt here.  I will
admit that I was terribly remiss in posting (a fact of which I have
been reminded several times in recent performance review
and salary negotiations) but actually little has happened here.
Miss Angela does not like snow.  Her reluctance to venture far
from the back steps is made clear by the circle of poopsicles
on the patio.  Many days, she would rouse herself from her
couch by the fireside only to wander to the back door, be let
out and then back in in as short a time as is caninely possible.
Physical exercise dwindled resulting in weight gain and lethargy
in both Miss Angela and myself.  Gravity seems to have greatly
increased in the area of my recliner and Angie's couch just as
the woodpile decreased.  Hopefully all that is behind us.

Last weekend, Angie's Uncle Chris went out of town and his two
dogs, Lucille the dominant Doberman and Ella the bipolar
dalmation, came to stay with us.  Angela was not particularly
pleased or welcoming to put it mildly.  She chose to ignore the
interlopers and directed me to deal with them, keeping them
away when she was dining, assuring that she had the prime
location on the couch, etc.  There was little open friction, but no
affection either.  Angela will stay with them this summer when
I head off for the Dalmation Coast.

This Sunday, March 6 is Miss Angela's eighth birthday and also
her calendar day.  We are hosting an open house during the
afternoon from 2 to six and would be thrilled if any Droolers in
the area would drop in.  Email for an invitation with directions.
Miss Angela is unsure at this point what type of entertainment
she will offer.  She is in excellent voice of late and may do some
singing or may opt for a subtler mime program.  It should be
interesting to see and hear.  Of course food and drink will be
provided.  Gifts are not solicited (but if proffered I think that
things with product namesstarting with Lean, Low Calorie or
Reduced Fat would be the best. We will soon resume her daily
physical training, but winter will need LOTS of overcoming.)

While I have not posted in ages, I have been lurking and we
send our condolences to the families of those who have gone
to the Rainbow Bridge and lots of healing drool to those in need,

Bill (add event planner to my title and resume')
Angela  (do so quietly, I'm napping)