[Dailydrool] Hank Update from HHBR...

bassetlovers at mchsi.com bassetlovers at mchsi.com
Thu Mar 10 09:12:24 PST 2011

Good Morning All~
Hank did very well yesterday during surgery!  We discovered he has Agenesis of the Radius, which means his Radius never formed and he only has one large Ulna as the bone in his limb.  Dr Reimer was able to plate the ankle joint & is very pleased with the post operative x-rays.  Hank was awake yesterday when his foster mom went & visited him & we snapped some pictures which can be seen at the link below.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34773958@N07/sets/72157625409135678/detail/

He will stay at Iowa Veterinary Refferal Center until Friday and then will be on strict cage rest for 2-3 weeks while the incision heals and then he'll go off to rehab for a week at ISU.

Thank you all who said prayers & sent drool for Hank, we're positive he can feel the love all the way in Iowa <3

Jess'e
Hounds Haven Basset Rescue
www.houndshavenbassetrescue.com