[Dailydrool] Thanks to those who serve

julie h jules56pt at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:40:14 PST 2011

The girls and I want to thank all who serve in the military at home and around the world.  We are so blessed by your sacrifices and by those of your families.  Please accept our immense gratitude.  We try to keep all in our thoughts and prayers.

The girls are all snoring and dreaming about going to bed.  They need to nap before contemplating going to bed.  It is a tough climb up the stairs.  Shelby is snoozing in her donut waiting for her boy to come home.  He is at band tonight and she misses him and his noise when he is gone.  Bless her old soul.  She has been very restless lately.  I guess it is hard to be old and blind and dependant on everyone else for everything.  Ninja still hate her for some reason.  Usually she cannot get close to me if Ninja is by my side.  This morning she came to sit by my feet and Ninj didn't protest.  So Shelby rolled over and wanted a belly rub.  She was in heaven.  She wanted a back rub and a chin rub and any other rub she could wrangle.  I had to go to work or she would have had a long cuddle while Ninja slept.   For a blind girl, she really knows her way around.  I have been making biscuits and keeping the bags on the counter.  She knows exactly where the bags are.  I think she goes outside so she can come in and get a treat.  Smart old gal.  At 15, she is a smart and precious old gal.  The youngest boyslave thinks we have too many bassets with four.  We do but I can't imagine doing without any of them.  Shelby has been here for two years.  I never thought she would last this long.  And I am so glad she has lasted.  We have never had a basset live to be 15.  She is amazing.

Even the cats are asleep.  I stepped on one of them this morning and he is not amused.  Picasso walked right under my foot.  He is avoiding me tonight.  He likes to nap close to Maggie.  They never touch.  Just keep their eyeballs on each other.

We like our band of miscreants.  They are smelly, hairy, grumpy, lumpy, and the most wonderful critters we could have the priviledge of loving.  We are so very lucky.  Althoiugh the teenage slave would disagree when he is pulling them out of the garden mud and dragging them back inside.  But what does he know?

We are sending drool to all in need.  And snooter kisses too.  We give lots of those here.

Lots of love from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby with the mom