[Dailydrool] Crufts writeup on bassets

dpmcquade at verizon.net dpmcquade at verizon.net
Sat Mar 12 06:16:59 PST 2011

I had to laugh at this description of bassets when it said a basset needs to be walked up to an hour a day. I remember when Jane was just a pupster and when we had some lovely young basset fosters. I could walk them an hour, and they'd come home full of energy and do their business--which they had held the whole time--on my floor. A young basset is an energy machine who needs to play with another puppy to let it all out. Maybe that's why so many people own two bassets.

Of course now, with three arthritic bassets, we couldn't do an hour of exercise even if we had such superb treats that they'd want to follow them forever.

All those brief breed descriptions can be deceiving.
Pam, food slave to those Dashing Bassets (who only dash to the door nowadays)