[Dailydrool] Broken Heart

Brandie Allen hnddg221 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 16:52:36 PDT 2011

Hello Fellow Droolers...

I am hoping someone can help me...I am mostly a lurker, but I have been a
subscriber of the Drool since 2001.

I am in a situation that I had wished would never be, but yet, here I am.  I am
currently owned by 3 bassets whom I love with all of my heart.  I am also the
proud mother of a beautiful 18 month old 2 legged daughter.

My plight is with my almost 10 year old basset, Rusty.  He has always been a bit
of a handful, counter surfer extraordinaire, but when he does still something,
he will not give it back, most things I can trade him for a treat, but if it's
food, just let him have it otherwise you risk the loss of a limb.  He is a
"talker" likes to mumble and growl, but most often then not, it's just him being
a grouchy old man.

I could go on and on, but I will get to why my heart is broken...I must re-home
him ASAP!  This decision is not an easy one and one that I have struggled with
for months.  As my daughter gets older and more mobile I am becoming more and
more concerned for her safety.  Rusty has not growled or snapped at her, but I
can see his frustration level escalating as well as mine.  My daughter can not
have any of her toys outside of her room, as Rusty will steal them and destroy
them.  I feel like I have to keep her either in her room or if she is outside of
her room she can't play with anything.  I feel like I am not being fair to
either Rusty or to Kaya.

I won't even get into the issue with my husband as he is ready to take him to
the shelter.  I am afraid that if I can't find him a suitable home he will
either be sent to the shelter or worse....

I am so at a lost....I know that the rescues are beyond capacity...is there
anyone who has room for another?

I can give more details about Rusty if anyone is interested, please email me.
We are located in South Jersey, right outside Philly.

Thanks for listening!

Brandie Allen