[Dailydrool] food for crystals in urine

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Tue Mar 15 05:27:49 PDT 2011

You don't say what kind of crystals are in your basset's urine.  I do know that depending on the type of crystal, you can feed a supplement instead of the food.  I had a basset that had oxylate crystals in his urine (with a high pH) and he was allergic to the prescription food.  So I was able to feed him a better quality food that he was not allergic to and put methionine tablets in his food.  We did this for years with great success.

Jennifer, mom slave to Beuford, Bugsey and Louise