[Dailydrool] Xaxa's update

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 16 02:35:05 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for not being around a lot but I'm back to work, working as much as I can to compensate the "broken leg" time.
Xaxa, our sweet baby-boy senior is having quiet days and not so quiet days an quiet days and not so quiet ones.
Eating is what he loves the most and he has had days when he will eat ,and some he won't. The vet said that anything that appeals to him is allright. Dadperson gets so apprehensive, like "is he going to eat or not".
This man (Dadperson) has bought every food he knows Xaxa loves, every medicine the doc has prescribed. Has bought supplements and all.

It saddens me a lot to see his pain as he best friend becomes really a "grampa" : sleeping a lot more, missing (some times) the place to "go". But he get happy as he see that Xaxa still barks to the neighbor, still enjoying snuggling, enjoy me singing to him and the most important, almost no cough, maybe 2  a day, that compared to one all the time is amazing.
By the loss of appetite and the fact the he will be 15 years old in almost 3 months, we know his time is coming. As Dadperson says, it is hard to see your best  friend gets weaker every day.
But he has talked to some dog savvy people who are showing what a good life Xaxa has had, and he start to be not so devastated.
We are not taking Xa to the vet every 2 weeks anymore because we know what his problems are and that he is not getting better because at this age..., well, you know what I mean.

I'd like to ask for drool for both dadperson and Xaxa. I never saw dadperson as he is now. And my boy is  getting old everyday. I love both and would appreciate a rainfall of drool on them, the kind of that even the slave drool together.
If any of you would like to send him a support email you can email me and I'll give you his email address.
Thank you so much for all the support and we are sending drool to those who need.
Virginia, Xaxa, Violeta and Dadperson