[Dailydrool] Senior Hounds

TERRY MARSHALL terrymarshall at wildblue.net
Thu Mar 17 09:59:50 PDT 2011

I would like to add to the call to adopt or foster a senior hound. Almost
two years ago I agreed to foster a senior girl for the Allears Basset
Sanctuary in Santa Fe NM. Lori Lu came to me via the truckers route. She was
transported from Oklahoma City to El Paso TX in an 18 wheeler. She had
kennel cough, about 10 pounds under weight, and a great attitude. Once she
got well, and spayed, her true colors came out. She is now the Queen Bee of
the house. She runs the house. If there is an altercation among any other
dogs, she bails in and stops it. My resident bully a blond lab, actually
cowers under Loir's look. She has her spot on the bed, and no one gets there
for long. A look and they leave.
Lori is most loving. She wants to be with you. As I am typing this, she is
sitting on the floor right beside me. She just wants to make sure that
things are good.
If you ever get a chance, adopt or foster a senior hound. They are a joy to
have around.
Terry Marshall
Home to Ms. Lori Lu, and the Rio Trio, and all the others.