[Dailydrool] Debbie - You are the hero

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:03:51 PDT 2011

Debbie, I was on vacation this week  and saw the sad news on my blackberry.
 There I was crying, on a Disney ride.  My deepest sympathies to you and
your family for the loss of Clara.  Because you adopted her (or was it the
other way around), many have been inspired to adopt seniors.  How wonderful
that she got to live the best part of her life in your home, bossing her
pack around.  It truly is amazing that a dog that lived such terrible life
in her early years, could live to be 16!  Too short by our standards, yes,
but wonderfully long for a hound.  You done good, girl!  Because of YOU and
because of Clara, we adopted a Senior girl.  She's a tough old girl with a
similar story to Clara's.  She's the boss here and roars at the others when
she feels they need it.  I call it "going Clara", it's a lot like "going
Marlene".  So Clara may be at the bridge (things will never be the same),
but she's here too.  All of us that have adopted a Senior because of Clara
feel her presence every day.  She'll always be "the Queen of Farts" to me
(I'm the one guilty of coining that phrase.)