[Dailydrool] pill pocket and allergies

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 19:45:01 PDT 2011

I can so relate to the allergy issue..
my basset boy Chance..at the age of 10 weeks we discovered was allergic to
wheat.. I spent 6 months cooking
rice and adding one flavor at a time to see what else he would react to.
Beef, wheat, chicken, wheat germ, soy,
then at the age of 6 months we had allergy test ran.. Tomatoes, which he loved
to steal off the vine,
grass, dust mites. feathers, birch pollen (we had 5 birch trees at the time)
wool.. we had a wool carpet..

I taught him to lay on a blanket or in a bed in that room.
He took generic benedryl and or another generic that starts with a c ( I am not
home so I can't go look in his doggy book)
Occasuinally he would get so bad that he would have to do a round of prednisone.
Hots spots, the rashes in all the undercarriage spots. the licking..
I used to smear his underbelly, pits, and his genitals lightly with desitin
ointment then powder him with cornstarch. then he could lay out in the yard
without breaking
out..He was sometimes a very pitiful site..
Best of luck with your little guy,,
Martha and my quilting bassistant Molly Bob Digger