[Dailydrool] Barney's visit to the vet

Ron Buries rburies at verizon.net
Sat Mar 19 20:26:24 PDT 2011

Took Barney to the vet for his quarterly non-anesthetic dental.  Barney is such a great patient. He reluctantly followed Steve his dental tech to the back room and about a minute later the tach called me in show me Barney's choppers.  Steve said that  except for a small amount  of tarter on one back  molar there was nothing to clean. He proceeded to do a fine polish job on his ivories and that was it!  He wanted to know what I was doing to keep Barney's teeth so healthy.  I couldn't really say except he gets good quality food and lots of chew bones and teeth brushing pretty regularly . To top it off he didn't even charge me for the visit. On another note our granddaughter moved in with us with her little 4 leggier named sprocket.  Barney has really taken to his new roommate.
They do play well  together. Granddaughter is trying to get sprocket to speak for a treat, so she starts with barney I guess to show sprocket what is expected if he wants a treat. She tells barney to speak. Barney will sit up and speak. She then turns to sprocket and says speak maybe two or three times. Sprocket just looks up with a blank look. She try's one more time with the speak command. Barney's had it by this time sooo he sits up and speaks.. Gotta love'm

Ron & Barney with the bright white ivories!