[Dailydrool] sores from dragging

Angelika Hastings angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 22 03:57:08 PDT 2011

When I posted about Elvis having permanent sores from dragging, I think I made it sound worse than it is- I'm sorry.
Over the years he has developed what I would think are like calluses on humans on some of his bony parts. There is also one on his belly. Over the last few weeks his right leg no longer moves when he drags- so his belly is touching the ground and the callus has become a sore. He wears a bellyband all the time- unless he is outside. One of the few joys this old boy has left is to lick himself when the bellyband is off.
I have seen the dragbags and made my own version ( the one on the website is over a $100) but Elvis doesn't like it. Makes it harder for him to move around outside and he can't lick himself. He's not had a UTI since all of this began. Though I think the drag bag is a great idea-it didn't work all that well for us.
Angelika