[Dailydrool] Leaving

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:33:52 PDT 2011

Not a single one of my dogs will eat treats if I give them as I leave. They
all gobble them as soon as they see me approaching crates to let them out.
I am not sure why dogs do this, but a lot of them do.
Maybe you could try a different treat for awhile-- a kong with peannie
budder ( never worked for me, but it might for you) or cheez whiz. A number
of obedience trainers i know use cheez whiz to teach a go-out. You could
always put several buttons of it down low ( low on the fridge, or a
cupboard  where it wipes easily) to let her find it throughout the day.
We all know nothing is as much fun when you don't have an audience to
appreciate you, or someone you can tell about your day. I have never psyched
out the meaning of hoarding treats until Mom is home. Cooper is the worst of
all. My first Belgian ate chewies while we were gone, but then I got
paranoid about leaving him alone with rawhide after a dog at the clinic
choked to death on one. (Not AT THE CLINIC-- at home-- but  a client.)
But a  treat? I don't know. I would leave the radio on, or the tv. Animal
Planet is usually interesting......a little grisly sometimes but hey.

(I leave the police scanner on when I leave the house. It entertains the
Bassets,who think some of the bad guys are incredibly stupid "What? No man,
I didint put that in my crotch! I dont know whose drugs theyse are, man."
and enjoy the K-9 units. BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK)