[Dailydrool] Beauford and the Rabbit

Jennifer Martin JMartin at wellscolibrary.org
Mon Mar 28 05:37:26 PDT 2011

I caught it!  I caught it!  I have been practicing for months and months!  I finally got fast enough to catch that stupid rabbit.  It has been taunting me and drving me crazy!  Bugsey thought that I should share my kill with him, but he didn't help me catch it.  He was looking for more sticks to add to his collection.  At first DH came out and I thought he was going to make me share with Bugsey and I said no way no how!  So, DH put Bugsey in the house and asked if he could have the rabbit in exchange for a Stella and Chewy Beef Patty.  I said sure thing.  Signing out the Most Supreme Hunter, Beauford

I was at the vet's last week and he was running an educational video about not letting your dogs come in contact with rodentia and earth worms.  Whoever made that video must not have bassets.  Last week Bugsey brought me a rat.  For the record, I am not thrilled that Beauford killed a bunny, but we live on 2.5 acres.  The backyard is the dogs.  We don't have lots of bushes.  We have a few trees and very little habitat for the birds, rabbits, etc.  The rest of the yard we have great places for them to hang out--on purpose.  We have a lot of rabbits on the property and there was this one rabbit that really has been taunting the dogs and I knew it was just a matter of time before s/he got caught if it didn't learn to quit hanging out in the fenced area.  We purposely make sure there is no food supply there.  We do have a water dish out there for the dogs when it is hot, but it is still freezing at night.  We have food, water and brush far from the yard.

I have to thank everyone for the drool and prayers over Louise's passing over.  I almost had an asthma attack laughing at Elder Clara giving her pork chops.  When I took that porky pig in as a foster she got into the pig ear supply and ate 11 pig ears, two greenies and all but the recloseable zipper of the bag.  How fitting.  I had told her that when she went to the bridge she would get to eat all she wanted.

Jennifer, mom slave to Beauford (I really caught a rabbit!) and Bugsey (My stick collection is better than yours!)