[Dailydrool] Clara

Leanne Potts leanne.potts at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 15:59:31 PDT 2011

Everyone here in Tennessee is saddened to hear of Elder Clara's death. She
was one of the first bassets saved by BRBR in East Tennessee, and she taught
me and a lot of other people the value of senior dogs. I remember thinking
"No one will ever want a 12-year-old dog" when I agreed to take her into
rescue. I figured she would hang around my house for another year, tops, a
forever foster, but I was wrong on both counts. Happily wrong. Clara was
very much wanted, and she spent four years teaching the rest of us that an
old dog is a treasure.

After getting to know Clara, I adopted four senior dogs. One has died, three
are still with me, and all owe their rescue to Elder Clara.

My heart goes out to you, Debbie, and to the rest of the Beach Bassets ---
especially Daisy, who was so bonded to Clara while they were fosters here in
Tennessee. We are all grieving our beautiful old girl tonight.

Leanne Potts
President, Belly Rubs Basset Rescue
www.bellyrubs.org