[Dailydrool] Pierre scores

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sun May 1 07:18:05 PDT 2011

Pierre, Pierre, Pierre ....
As it is the first of the month, I give the interceptor to the hounds.  Well, Max will only take his pill with deli roast beef.  So after they go out and come back in, I leave to go to the store to get some.  Hmmmm, Pierre let me out of the house, and I did't even have to race him or give him a treat.  Hmmmm...I forgot that I put an empty bag of beggin's stripes, today's paper and a brand new full bag (25 oz) of beggin's strips on the tv in the mud room.  The TV USED to be a safe place to put things.  I get home and hmmmmm, Pierre boy is not waiting for me per usual, and he is not running to greet me.  The  newspaper is on the floor along with the empty bag, and there they were, when I got up the stairs, Pierre with the ripped open bag of treats, 2/3 consumed.  So I get the long handled tongs and a few slices of roast beef, and after much grrrrring and fearsome gestures, I finally got the rest away from him.  I was going to go to a meet the bassets event at Petsmart with him this morning, but he blew it.  I was going to visit Mom with him on the way home, but he blew it.  Now we are staying home, making sure that belly doesn't blow up.  I gave him pepcid AC and metronidazole, and I hope this will keep him safe.  I was thinking of inducing vomiting, but once Pumpkin did something similar, and she was OK.  Paws crossed that it will be an uneventful day.
Sigh!
Healing drool to all in need.

Jackie and the herd