[Dailydrool] The herd has a move date, and other updates

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Sun May 1 19:58:39 PDT 2011

Well, after 7 months we are finally going to be able to finish this
relocation from TX to VA!!!  The movers should be here on the 10th to
pack and load everything.  I'll be staying with the critters another
week to paint, repair, paint, paint and otherwise get this place ready
to sell.  Hubby is receiving the 'house' and will be flying in hopefully
on the 20th to help me drive 1400 miles with all these animals.

Though we have sad news..... on March 28th, my 4 year old dane/lab mix,
Tesla, injured herself very badly.  She tore out her ACL and suddenly
went lame on the other side as well.  We thought it kindest to let her
go on March 31st since it was most likely a spinal injury and keeping
her confined during what healing could happen would exacerbate her
seizures, causing her to hurt herself further.  It has been very odd
here without her to say the least.  I don't have my 100 pound puppy any
more.  To say it's ripped me apart is kind, she was my dog, I didn't
have to share her with anyone, she preferred it that way.  I had had her
since she was 5 weeks old.

The rest of the herd hasn't taken it well but we take each day as it
comes.  Curie (bonded to Tesla) wailed, moaned, groaned, howled, and
generally carried on for 2 weeks.  Kelvin hasn't played with anyone
since that day.  Gus is even more grouchy than usual and has been moping
a lot more.  And the cats.... they keep looking for her, waiting to
play, wanting to jump on the big black dog.   They are going to finally
get to see Dad slave again in a couple of weeks so I think that should
help some.  I know it will for me, 7 months of cooking for 1 and having
to do the dishes myself has been insane.

Carmen and herd