[Dailydrool] Basset Weights

Rkbeard at aol.com Rkbeard at aol.com
Wed May 4 17:01:14 PDT 2011

All of my girls have weighed between 45 and 60 pounds, and all of my boys
have weighed between 55 and 70 pounds--and they are not overly large--but
have  massive bone structure.  Except:  I have had several rescue bassets  who
have weighed as little as 40 pounds and were not underweight.  Since  most
of mine have been show bassets, perhaps bassets bred for conformation are
actually heaier and larger than most who come from  sources not involved
with showing their dogs.

Kathryn Beard