[Dailydrool] TV and doggies, Little Nikki's moment to shine

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat May 14 16:06:34 PDT 2011

I have long given up the expectation to watch a show without interruption.  If it is not on the computer to watch, I make sure I (old school) pop in a vhs.  (I am starting to explore the possibility of dvr, I hear it is great).  So the hounds cannot bother me so much, and the trick they pull on my sister is they want to go out five to ten minutes right before the end of a show.  And if you don't take them out right then, they make so much noise you cannot even hear the last five or ten minutes of the show.  BTW, when I roll back the tape of a one hour show the next day, even with fast forwarding through commercials, it takes me almost the entire day to watch the tape considering all the basset interruptions.  They have trained me well, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Nikki got to go on an adventure today.  She got her special collar on, and out the back door, and she lurched so hard, I dropped my camera, my expensive camera, but it is OK.  She jumps into the back seat (gate guarded from the front), and for the next forty minutes it is whine, whine, whine.  We arrive at our destination.  Breakfast for Bassets, a first for Long Island, and support for ABC rescue.  It was just so great, and all in all, Nikki had a blast.  This was a multi pet event, with lots of rescues, all breed and species(parrots, pigs and ferrets to name a few), and even Mid Atlantic Basset was there.  There were a lot of bassets and it was great fun.  There were vendors and agility demonstrations, and Nikki was so good that she even let little kids rough up her ears and hug her all over.  Pierre jr. couldn't have handled that, so I am glad he stayed home for this one.  Nikki did scare one basset though, as she has a loud scream at times, but she is all yell, no bite, so sorry basset who got scared, if you are a drooler.  The event was a fund raiser for Pet's rights Legislation, Bravo.
After leaving, next stop to visit Mom.  Nikki slept quietly in the back until our Burger King stop.  Jr. always gets a cheeseburger after class, so only fair that Nikki get one.  After she was awakened from her snack, it was whine, whine, whine all the way to Assisted Living.  Nikki did great there also.  I could tell Mom really recognized her.  She petted her a lot, and played with her ears, and I could tell Nikki remembered Mom as well.  Nikki and Barney, the house dog, really liked each other too, and Barney hung out with us while Nikki and Mom and he all shared the string cheese I bring.  (I used to bring dog treats for Mom to give the dog I brought, but sometimes, Mom would try to eat the treat herself, so it is win win with the cheese.)
No Rain Stomp to all you in Michigan.  We are going to get a week's worth here soon.  I hope you are having a blast.

Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd