[Dailydrool] question about running around after eating

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 17 12:24:42 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Clueless momPerson here.  Now even I know that a dog shouldn't run around like
an idiot after s/he eats, that's true of any dog.  I'm amazed at the number of
dogs that have been lost because people don't know this and exercise their dogs
right after a meal(throw the ball, go for a walk, play chase, et al).  Cyrus
knows all of this and he knows he is supposed to go take a nap after dinner.  So
far so good.  Enter .... Snoopy.  This little boy is ridiculous.  I don't know
how many times I've told him that his is NOT to do the basset 500 the second he
finishes his meal.  NO, we won't play with him. NO, Cyrus won't either.  NO, put
the ball down.  PLEASE ... give that back .... NO I won't chase you for it.
SERIOUSLY.

Unfortunately I think he pays even less attention to me about this then he did
about the dangers of UV radiation.  Now for the sunbathing on his back I can
keep sunscreen on his tummy and we're all good.  But this charging around like
an idiot after dinner has me worried.  And no, we don't crate (long story) ...
so what's a momPerson to do?

Thanks,
Dale