[Dailydrool] UFBH vs. Humane Society of Utah

Marilyn Briggs marbriggs at att.net
Tue May 17 17:11:08 PDT 2011

Most of you know, we got beat out for the Shelter Challenge many times by Best Friends/No More Homeless Pets who are big time and also happen to be in Utah.
They are making it up to us by making us a Network Charity for the annual Strut
Your Mutt, and generously letting us keep all of our registration and pledge money.

The problem:  We are only $50 ahead of The Humane Society of Utah and we want
to win this!  You can be a Dog Dozer or Cat Napper and for a $25.00 donation you don't have to come and you get a Strut Your Mutt shirt mailed to you. OR you can go to our
page and make a pledge--you can do it for anyone, but I am team captain, and you can
do it for me. Even if it is $1.00 or $5.00, it will help us win!  We would be so thrilled to have
a basset rescue be top dog!  If you can help push us over the top on this one, we would be
very grateful. We currently are taking care of 65 bassets, including Howie, a 1 1/2 year old
with kidney failure we are trying to save. We also have 8 year old Anna, who has been an
outside dog her entire life. Her owners contacted us about surrendering her just before she was hit by a car. She has hairline fractures in pelvis and ligament damage to her front leg.
The pelvis will heal, but they might have to amputate her leg.
Anyone who can help Utah Friends of Basset Hounds out of this one, Thank You, Thank
You!

Marilyn Briggs