[Dailydrool] Wedgewood pharmacy

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Tue May 17 19:38:32 PDT 2011

I second the notion that Wedgewood pharmacy is an excellent compounding pharmacy.  My Jellybean takes a particular medicine, Nitrofurantoin, for the rest of her life, for her chronic UTIs.  Her dose is 75 mg.  My Vet doesn't carry this, but he wrote a script for me.  Some of the pharmacies had 50 mg., and one had 25 mg, so my choice was to try to split a capsule of the 50 mg to get the 75, or to get 2 prescriptions.  Either way, it was costing me close to $80 per month for her treatment.  When my Vet contacted Wedgewood, it turned out I could get the compounded capsule in the exact dose of  75 mg for $62, $10 shipping, and this was for 100 capsules, more than 3x that of the other pharmacies.  Big savings, only one pill, so I highly recommend this pharmacy.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and the herd