[Dailydrool] Maggie's really sick

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Fri May 20 07:01:56 PDT 2011

First off, Maggie has a vet appointment for later today (Friday afternoon)
as the vet is not in earlier today. The symptoms started 2 mornings ago with
pure liquid stool having been in the house and I mean explosive! We took her
off kibble, boiled chicken and rice and have been feeding her that since.
She did not get into garbage, anything in the yard, no human food, and has
not been in contact with any other dogs except ours. Thursday, the vet is
closed. On that day, she started urinating in the house and continued with
pure water diarrhea. We also noticed some mild weakness in her back legs in
that they shake. Today, she rests comfortably, but was pacing earlier. She
is eating and drinking fine. She is active for enough for an 11 1/2 year old
basset. None of my other 4 dogs are sick. She is up to date on everything
and is on heartworm/flea preventative Revolution. She takes COQ10 only that
we give her OTC.  Today, we noticed she has urinated the dog bed twice on
the porch where she lays. Maggie is not a dog that will wet or defecate in
the house ever! If she is sick she will have fecal accidents, but never
urine. I am afraid something is drastically/fatally wrong with her. Anyone
seen these symptoms in their basset? At first I was thinking Cushings, but
now not really leaning that way as it came on so sudden.
Thank you,

--
DRool to all in need,
Dee,