[Dailydrool] Thank you and annoucement

Mary Mischelle Kemp mmischellekemp at hotmail.com
Sat May 21 06:17:01 PDT 2011

I want to thank all the droolers who sent, emails, cards and posted on facebook about Pw. Tasselhoff Burfoot going to the Bridge. I have read them all but haven't responded to them all yet, but I'm working on it. It's hard to respond to more than a couple a day because the waterworks start and I have to stop for a bit. It was two weeks yesterday since Tas left and it was a hard day. Fiz is still depressed, I know he needs to grieve but I wish I could take away all his pain. It hurts to see him hurt so much and know that there is nothing I can really do. Just like me he just needs to go through the process.

There is something I'm doing though to help us both. I'm getting a buppie! I'm very happy to annouce that Maple Street Francis will be joining our home in a month or two, hopefully around the fourth of July but I haven't set a date with the breeder yet so I don't know for sure. I'm very lucky and honored to be able to call Francis mine. Jennie at Maple Street has had people all over the country inquire about him since the day he was born but she had pretty much decided she was going to keep him. In fact in an email she said to me: "I gotta be honest though, before talking with you I was really firm about not placing him or even allowing anyone to reserve him."

I originally ran across him last Friday and mulled it over most of last weekend. Sunday I emailed her about him and when I didn't hear back I called the next day. I did a lot of talking to try and convince her that I would provide Francis with a good home. At the end of our conversation she was still undecided, but did tell me that IF she decided to let him go it would be to me. The next two and a half days were an emotional roller coaster. I was falling in love with Francis and trying not to, just in case, mourning Tas and worrying about Fiz. Thursday morning when I got to work there was an email waiting for me letting me know that Francis was mine! I think that Flint, Tas and maybe even St Francis himself (who I named Francis after) were all whispering in Jennie's ear at night, that's really the only way I explain her blessing me with him.

Here is link to see Francis and his sister Fannie (there were just two pups in the litter) you can also see some more recent pictures on facebook, just search for Maple Street Bassets. Fannie is the lemon and Francis is the mahogany.

http://www.maplestreetbassets.com/Maple_Street_Bassets/*PUPPIES.html

Also check out this youtube video of his dad, Mick St. John. He has the wrinkliest, smooshiest face ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqgrB9jb8D8

Mary Mischelle, Fizban and Francis

Flint Fireforge (ATB)
Pw. Tasselhoff Burfoot (ATB)