[Dailydrool] DD Calendar Pic (Sunday) & helping hounds

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Sun May 22 07:19:08 PDT 2011

I just wanted to say that todays DD Calendar picture really made me laugh this morning and brought back some wonderful memories of my hounds (present and past) that tried to "help" me work in the yard or even in the house.  What a great picture of Bassets doing thier best to help the slaves...or is it supervise the slaves.

2 Short stories of my bassets helping.  Back in the days of the Fab 5 and xh1 I had a little black and white female named Princess...now let me tell you she earned her name!  But one of her great  mischievous things that she did was to  steal the then husbands work gloves. He would be working in the yard wearing leather gloves and when he would take a break he would take off the gloves and put them in his back pocket.  xh1 has no butt mind you, so Princess would sneak up behind him, and put front paws on his butt hooking the dew claws in his pockets, grab the gloves in her mouth and slide paws down the back of his butt/legs and turn and run like the wind.  Now in the process of escaping she would manage to pull his shorts down.  Let me tell you it was quite a site to see xh1 chasing a hound with gloves in her mouth while he was trying to pull up his shorts.  And the words that flew out of his mouth while chasing that hound.  Well lets just say they can't be repeated here.  (Think Marlene on a rampage) I can still picture it and it still makes me laugh to this day.

Story 2: Just this morning Colt & Ruger were trying to help me do my stretches, push-up, and sit-ups after my walk this morning.  I try to stretch my legs and they are licking me in the face.  I stretch out my back and they are trying to lay on top of me Colt on my chest and Ruger across my throat.  I try to do push-ups and they are playing London Bridge by chasing each other under and around me.  I try to do sit-ups and Colt licks my face on my up, and Ruger licks my face on my downs.  Look Momma how helpful we are by making sure to wipe the sweat off your face and make sure you stay in the push up positon long enough.

Michele
Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "slurp, lick slurp....mmmm salty momma"
Ruger "Seriously women, give us more push-ups and sit-ups"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...