[Dailydrool] belly yuckiness!

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:04:55 PDT 2011

The whole flock of hounds are drooling for those hit by the bad weather! We
just had a mini-monsoon here in south east Michigan, I can't imagine the
tornadoes that tore through Missouri!

On the IL front, the parents & their houndage (and foster houndage) had fun
at the waddle. Especially Domino, who decided to sneak attack many
unsuspecting folks sitting at picnic tables with ear sniffs & kisses. But,
Checkers, their larger bagel & Joey's partner in crime, has been sick. Mom
saw a few spots of diarrhea in the house, but couldn't figure out who it was
from.. (They currently have their sussex spaniel mix, Checkers & Domino the
bagel crew, and Sadie & Abby a momma & puppy (who're 13 & 10 respectively)
fosters) They finally narrowed it down to Checkers, and took big boy to the
vet today. He got some shots & some pills. (I'm sure he maintains they tried
to murder him while he was on the table) and he did give a fuss, peeing on
the exam table not long after they hoisted him up.

No one is completely sure what the issue is, the vet gave some anti-biotics,
hoping it'll keep improving, and that it's something along the line of dog
stomach flu. We know he vomited water during the evening after the picnic,
but he was fine otherwise... So, if there's a little drool to spare, if
Checkers could get a bit it would be appreciated. Mom said he seems to be
perking up a little, and we're hoping that he continues to do so. Anyone
else ever seen anything like this?

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey & Emma, with Slater (ATB), Aunty to Checkers, Domino
& Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473