[Dailydrool] Talk about a rescue nightmare!

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 16:23:42 PDT 2011

In our Sunday paper today there was an article printed from another source
(Washington Post?) about a recent dog rescue situation in China. Talk about
nightmares. A truck carrying over 500 dogs to the food markets in Northern China
was spotted by dog lovers in a nearby car on the highway. The car forced the
truck off the road. The driver of the car began--oh goodness, I'm very bad with
computers--tweeting? blogging? at any rate, instant communicating on the
Internet. More dog lovers rushed to the site. The situation was resolved when
all of the dog lovers pooled funds and bought the truckload of dogs from the
truck driver for about half of what the driver would have received had he made
the delivery. But now there are over 500 unsocialized, malnourished,untrained
dogs to house and vet. The article did not say where they have all gone though
it said some are in animal hospitals. There has been a huge uproar since the
event between citizens who oppose and citizens who support the use of dogs as a
food source. I could not help thinking that this was rescue nightmare, no matter
what stance one took on the matter.