[Dailydrool] What a first half of the year

Patty Crawford gusandto at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 17:23:11 PDT 2011

Boy it has been a whirl wind so far this year for me. I loss Gus in January then
Wally in March. One week after Wally went to the bridge BRoPS was over flowing
with hounds so I took in a foster.

She left this weekend for her forever home and now I'm back down to just
Tallulah my Princess Pain in the a**. After having my foster Lucy I now can
relate to all of you with young mischievously, busy, lovable hounds. I usually
work with more mature hounds. Well Lucy kept me on my toes. She was a owner
relinquish with "behavior issues". I figured out right off the bat that she was
insecure and unsocialized.
I run a pretty regimented house do to Tallulah plus we are very social to so
Lucy had no choice but to hang on and learn. Lucy is smart she caught on really
fast to "dinner space", sit to get the leash on and be calm to get loves. I work
several long days during the week so my hounds go over to their Aunt Joni's. At
first she was pretty unsure about the car ride but soon Latte stands became a
favorite place, dog parks were even better. Joni's pack was a tad over whelming
at first and she would just stand back and watch. It is so true the dogs learn
from each other. She learned how to play have confidence and how to behave.
Tallulah let her have it a few times and after that Lucy gave T a wide berth. So
that was what we taught Lucy but what she taught me is almost important.
She taught me to have patience, pick up my books, candles are unsafe and need to
be put up high, toys with holes need to be thrown a way, keep closet doors
closed and clean under your bed regularly. Several times I sent Joni and Alexa
pic mail with the title "what was it". She was so full of energy that on average
we would go to the dog park for 2hr. plus a walk and then she might be tired.
Today it was great to hear from her new dad. She is settleing in fine but his
comment was she's a mover. It made me smile and all I could say is "I know"
Healing Drool to all
 Patty Crawford

Gus ATB http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742885
Tallulah http://www.dogster.com/dogs/742936