[Dailydrool] Bad few days

Chris Bly jbly1 at kc.rr.com
Tue May 31 19:46:25 PDT 2011

Boy have I had a bad few days. First of all I got a call from my foster home
Saturday evening about the two dogs she was fostering for me. One ran away
but she was sure she would return after hours of posting her here there and
everywhere she did not return but ended up back at Animal Control where she
once came from so two more tickets in my future and another fight with the
city  but all is well she is sleeping at my feet right now I am happy and we
are settled. Then the same foster home called the other dog I picked up from
Animal Control just had puppies. UGH puppies. I was NOT expecting that we
had no idea she was pregnant the poor baby. But all is well they seem
healthy not sure they are Bassets but they are doing well.  Then I had an
owner email me that the dog she surrendered to me was on Ebay for sale and
sure enough Petfinder has partnered with Ebay and I had clicked that little
box on Petfinder that in order to get more exposure for my dogs they would
send the information to their partner sites. When I clicked that little box
I thought maybe they would share our animals info with The Animal Rescue
site or Purina or Bayer someplace like those but Ebay?? I had no idea I
would have pets on Ebay. So I quickly solved that went in and changed my
Petfinder settings, and reassured the owner who surrendered Mugsy to me I
was not auctioning him off. Then I get a call from Iowa Basset Rescue
someone in Iowa that I adopted a dog to eight years ago needed to turn her
in. I need some wine now we were not even in business eight years ago, we
were with another rescue who went belly up but we did not start our rescue
until 2004. Then lastly I took Buster to the vet to prepare him for his
surgery tomorrow. He is so sweet I hate to put him through this surgery but
I know it is best for him so he is at the vet overnight.
Now I am home with a runaway at my feet, wanting to hold sweet puppies,
worrying about Buster worrying about owners surrenderings and have no wine.A
margarita will do now let me see we need ice, tequilla and lime and sweet
and sour yep I can do that. Heading for the blender now.