[Dailydrool] basset weight

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 17:27:11 PDT 2011

While I a writing this, chunky monkey Jean Paul is crooning for a treat, or attention, or both, but I just spent 20 minutes with him letting him lick all the skin off my lips...
He is the alpha, and he is rather jealous of jr. who commands a lot of my attention.  He would not enjoy the outings that jr. does, and won't eat a lot of the food I give jr. (mainly fruit things), but attention away from him hurts his feelings, and I know it.  I make special time for all the hounds, and they all mean so much to me.
Regarding weight,
Pumpkin, Nigel, Colette, Nikki and Jr. are in the 60 - 70 range.
Pumpkin was NSHA league rescue at a young age.  They said 8 wks, but it could have been 6 wks, an insider told me.  Nigel and Colette were  BYB before I knew better, Nikki is BHRA and Jr. is OBR.
Max was a tri-state basset rescue and he was  15 LBs underweight when he came to us, but he is a consistent 50 more or less now.
Jellybean is so Jellybean, and she is always under 50.
JP weighs more than he should.  Last weigh in, a couple of days ago, he was 98, a pound less than last month,  but he is a mill pup, and he may well not be pure basset, but he is pure gold to my heart.
Some complained that I had him too thin, but when he was neutered, that is when he developed pano, which lasted 4 yrs.
Healing drool to all in need
Jax