[Dailydrool] Basset weight

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 8 13:49:20 PDT 2011

Morse is now down to just over 70 lbs but he is always going to be very low
slung and very floppy.  I was looking at some of the bassets on Desiree Acres
website, and he is very similar to one of them - he has a flap of skin that
hangs very low down under his tummy (why do bassets have this? I am not sure.  I
love it though!) and people still call him fat, and I get comments like 'he
needs more exercise'.  (some of the people who are so forthcoming aren't exactly
svelte themselves, and I am sorely tempted to retort at times.) We usually walk
a few miles a day.  He saw the vet only 2 weeks ago and I asked him for his
views on Morse's weight - he said no, not at all fat, he is just big.

Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB