[Dailydrool] Rawhide bones

mr knoll rescuebassetmolly at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 18:57:49 PDT 2011

I will NEVER feed rawhide bones to my basset again.
My Chance ATB at the age of about 10 months, was given one abour 14/15 inches
long, he proceded to chew each knot until it was soft and unknotted. Then chewed
on it from end to end
until it was all soggy. andOOPS he swallowed it whole. yes the entire thing, (I
was not with him,)
he was given the chew to entertain him while the dog sitter was cooking. I
returned home late that
evening and was told about the events of the day. On look at Chance trying to
retch, and off to the

vet. Emergency surgery to remove the chew that was now causing Major instestinal
problems,

$2500+ later, [and this was in 1995] and a week in the vet clinic, Chance came
home. NEVER EVER
again has a rawhide bone came into this house, unless it is the chopped press
type the breaks into pieces
Please be aware of this when you are giving your dogs these rawhide chews. Love
and drool to the folks at the Waddle.