[Dailydrool] Bev & Insurance

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 26 12:13:48 PDT 2011

Snoopy and Cyrus are sending drool to Bev & her boys that they are all home and
together soon.

let me just add to the insurance thing ... a little known fact that my neighbor
found out most accidently and is costing him over $100K.  We live in Campbell,
CA, which is an older community where most of the homes were built in the 50s
and 60s.  My neighbor had a mobile home which caught fire in the driveway and
the fire spread to the house doing major damange to 2/3 of the building.  He had
replacement plus insurance (replacement of everything at current costs) so he
*thought* he was covered.  WRONG!!  Turns out he could have been for another $10
a month, but he didn't read the fine print.  You see, if the repairs are
extensive enough to require a permit (where we live even changing a light switch
needs a permit) then they require you to bring the repaired area up to CURRENT
CODE.  You cannot legally repair it and make it the way it was ... wiring ...
appliances ... plumbing (including drains) ... everything has to be reworked to
CURRENT code.  And replacement plus only pays to put it back EXACTLY the way it
was.

This is basset related because no basset wants their momPerson or dadPerson to
have a heart attack because they aren't covered the way the thought they were.
Pay the extra $10 a month ... it's there in the fine print.

Good luck Bev.

--Dale   (with Cyrus and Snoopy)

Thanks Debbie for writing for me. Last night it was the last thing I could
imagine having the energy to do.
We are still shell-shocked.
The house suffered horrible damage from the water pouring in from the unsecured
roof tarps. The rain relentless. The LR ceiling is gone-- I mean GONE-- the
restoration people, who will dry the house out-- have already pulled it down.
The bedroom ceiling also will need to go, and two walls.
Dogs are in the kennel. I feel awful but this cannot be helped. I will pull
Cooper out tonight because he will not eat or drink when he is there.
We are in a motel for an undetermined amount of time.
Let me tell you all this: if you do not have insurance--get it. They are even
paying the kennel fees.
Sending no more rain drool to everyone. This is enough.
Displaced MomPerson, without hounds and missing them.