[Dailydrool] My Snoopy

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 4 16:41:27 PDT 2011

Hi all, it's the clueless momPerson here,

I've been really busy lately.  So I haven't had time for much.  And Snoopy has
been just a dream.

Tuesday the boys were playing and wrestling outside together.  I love to
watch Cyrus play bow Snoopy because his whole front half is ON THE GROUND to get
down to Snoopy's level, and then Snoopy charges him.  It's hilarious.

 Wednesday night I roasted a chicken all afternoon while I worked in the home
office.  I pulled it out to cool and then carved it and set it on the table and
called the family and that's when I realized that Snoopy hadn't said a word.  He
and Cyrus were laying in their spots by the table and neither had anything to
say.  All those strong food smells and not a peep.

On Thursday Cyrus was playing with the cow who goes mooooo ("my cow") and Snoopy
went to snatch it from him and Cyrus laid a paw on either side and growled just
enough to tell Snoopy to leave it .... and Snoopy went and got the froggy who
goes ribbit instead.  After a while Cyrus got done with "my cow" and left him
and Snoopy went and grabbed him and ran after Cyrus and thrust the cow toward
Cyrus while play bowing and the two of them tugged at "my cow" together for a
few minutes ... tails wagging, happy babies, and when they were done "my cow"
dropped to the floor unharmed and they both charged off.

Today we went to the dog park and I released both dogs and there were half a
dozen there already and all the dogs where wrestling and tussling and chasing
balls and playing and having fun and my two joined right in ... and everything
was right in the world.

When I came home I told Natalie and she said ..."so?"  Well, I replied that it
is so wonderful that Snoopy can play and be happy because he is "special" and
she said .... Snoopy is NOT special, he's a regular dog just like every other
dog, there is NOTHING wrong with my Snoopy, he does NOT have special needs he is
just a regular dog and you are offending him.

Ummmmmmmmm .... I brought home this adorable, terrified, food aggressive,
unsocialized extra terrestrial (I'm sorry you guys, there is no way these basset
hound things are dogs) 10 month ago and suddenly this week I noticed that it is
now doing a pretty good impression of a dog.  He's real cuddy and affectionate
and marshmellow like.  I find him and Cyrus cuddled up together all over the
house, and seldom apart.

So ... I wanted to tell you all.  For two reasons.  First, all the folks in
rescue get teary every time they hear about a dog found sick and skinny on the
streets now happy and healthy and loved.  Second .... the next time some
clueless momPerson comes along and says she'd like to have a basset because he's
adorable and she promises to love him no matter what you might, just might, let
her have him.  And that'd be awfully nice for both of them.

Have a great weekend all,
Dale  ... with Snoopy and Cyrus