[Dailydrool] Dozer's progress

Carol Shreiner cdshreiner at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 06:31:16 PST 2011

I want to thank everyone who has given me advice and support through
Dozer's back surgery ordeal. It's been a week and 2 days since the surgery,
and while I don't think the ordeal is quite over yet, he is making some
amazing progress. Yesterday, I had him outside while I raked leaves. All 3
were pretty content to just lay in the sun, so I took a break and we all
just sat outside and I read a book. Then I got back to it, and for the
first time in well over a month, Dozer tried to play with Lilly! Of course
I wouldn't allow it, but just the fact that he was feeling like he could
play was a great sign! The surgeon okay-ed him for walks, and he is able to
go for short walks (2 houses up and back). He still walks with a slight
hunch in his back, still can't fully use the leg like he used to and still
lacks some range of motion in his back, but he is able to walk well. We see
the surgeon again in two weeks.
Again, thank you everyone for the prayers and drool!

--
www.cornerstonefmc.org
www.ohiobassetrescue.org

Dozer http://www.dogster.com/?272678