[Dailydrool] update on Dottie

DAISY7521 at aol.com DAISY7521 at aol.com
Sun Nov 6 20:03:25 PST 2011

Hello everyone, well I put some neosporin w/ pain, and we left  for about
an hr.
The first thing I noticed when we came home, was that thing  looked smaller
and flatter.  I squeezed on it, and tons of cottage cheese  substance came
out, and then blood. i have squeezed it several times since, and  now it is
just barely anything, small small amount of diluted looking blood. I  am
still using the compresses, and the neosporin, and I had some cephalexin on
hand, so I am giving her one twice a day. It was from a previous pres. the vet
 gave her.
She doesn't say one word at all when i am checking it out. i  thought maybe
she would wash it, but she don't touch it.  I am going to put  a call into
the vet and get his thoughts on this in the morning.  When he  first checked
it, he was reasonably sure it was a sebaceous gland, but he tested  it to
make sure, because it was so hard and not moveable, sometimes a sign of
cancer, but it was the sebaceous gland, with all the cottage cheese stuff.
Just so much stuff going on, my husband was recently diagnosed with MCI. mild
cognitive impairment.  Prayerfully it will not go into dementia or
alzheimers, he is on medication for it, and it has helped tremendously.   And my
dad, that I am caregiver too, has lived with us for nearly 10 yrs. he is
almost  95. I have my hands full, so I am so grateful, I am being able to  take
care of Dottie with her leg.  I will keep you  posted.......
all my most sincere condolences to all that are grieving for  their
furbabies.
Mama Barbie and ouchie leg Dottie

In a message dated 11/6/2011 10:35:37 A.M. Central Standard Time,