[Dailydrool] Shelter challenge: prospects looking good

Val Brewer vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 11 11:30:13 PST 2011

Hoo ha! I just figured out how to check the "weekly winners" list on the Shelter Challenge. (After typing shelter challenge into the search engine, you check the list of sites to click on and the second one to come up lists the weekly winners). And guess what? Humane Society of McCormick County (the rescue just ahead of BaRCSE in the state and national competitions) is this week's weekly winner.

Here's what that means. Weekly winners are not eligible to win the state prize for the same voting period. And...assuming the rankings stay the same--meaning everyone who is voting now continues voting the same for the next week, and there is no sudden surge from some rescue, one of two things will happen.
Either BaRCSE will be next week's weekly winner ($1000 prize); OR, if for some reason another rescue surges ahead in the national ratings but the South Carolina rankings stay the same--which also means keep voting--then BaRCSE will win its state. ($1000). BaRCSE can't win both, but if we all keep voting, it is fairly certain that we will win one or the other. So, everyone, keep up the good work.