[Dailydrool] How to terrify a momPerson ...

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 13 22:03:18 PST 2011

Oh geez ....

So I went to throw something away and notice the cabinet we keep the can in was
funky so I pulled the can out and realized it was REALLY funky and in the time
it took me to get the cleaner and paper towl Snoopy had his snooter in the trash
can and was eating and that's when I saw the chocolate pie ...... oh I don't
know how much he'd gotten down and I just grabbed him and RAN for the first aid
kit and got a couple tablespoon (he's 72 lbs) of hydrogen peroxide down him (my
mom taught me this, works for labs, seems to work for bassets too) and got him
outside and Snoopy emptied himself.  Oh man!!!  I'd just fed him so it was hard
to tell what was what but it all came up.

He didn't like this much but it only lasted a couple of minutes and then I got
him to come back inside and he sniffed some water and a few minute later he took
a cookie and looked like he might forgive me.  About an hour later I fed him
again .  He ate fine and drank some water.  Later in the evening we took our
walk and he played with his birthday elephant some and now he's climbed up on
our bed with Cyrus to sleep.

I am hoping and praying that he didn't get much chocolate and that whatever he
did get got out fast enough .... seems like he's fine now .... wish us luck.

Frazzled momPerson with sleepy Snoopy and Cyrus