[Dailydrool] RE : bathing & scratching

Marsdoxy2 at aol.com Marsdoxy2 at aol.com
Mon Nov 14 06:50:01 PST 2011

My Maggie Wags also has SEVERE allergies and I consider myself  a  pretty
good authority on allergies.
Maggie is my second dog with bad allergies,  my first Basset  I  was
clueless,  Maggie also had to go on a very low dose of PREDS which I  hate,  but
we were desperate to get her some relief she takes desensitizing  shots for
the last three years, but those shots are  not a CURE  !!!!!  they only give
her relief and builds her immunity, but this has been  an exceptionally bad
year for allergies.
My vet told me to bath Maggie  THREE  times a week to wash off the
allergens,  Maggie is allergic to wheat  protein  and oatmeal which the majority of
anti itching shampoos have so  those were not an option. we tried Malaseb
and no help so I finally found a  shampoo called  ALLERMYL  and  it helps her
big time, the first time we used it, I didn't see much relief but  after her
second bath, WOW !    I also use Gold Bond anti itch  cream on her lesions
which she only has on her back. so  between the  frequent baths, Benadryl
and the preds and gold bond we are successful in  finding her the relief  of
her allergies.  Once we have a consistent  cold spell and killing frost she
will be able to go off her preds and only take  her monthly shots.  I also DO
NOT make her wear her collar around the  house,  her neck breaks out from
the metal tags so she only wears her  collar when we go for a walk or ride in
the car
The Allermyl shampoo is quite expensive  but well worth the price to  get
Maggie some relief.  Now if there was only a shampoo to stop the severe  pain
in my back  legs ???????  bwahahahahaah

Marlene  mommy to Maggie Wags and Evil Annie

PS  and I would suggest that those of you who don't have dogs with
allergies, don't judge or second guess those of us who know what the H** we are
doing !!!!!