[Dailydrool] Tongue thrust in geriatric bassets...

Suzan Wedig wedig at strato.net
Tue Nov 15 15:28:45 PST 2011

My Wilson is 10 years old and over the past 2 years has taken to sticking his tongue out—either sleeping or awake while relaxing.  I’ve never seen this tongue thrust in any of our other bassets.  He just had an exam about 2 months ago and pronounced in perfect health.  I forgot to mention the tongue to the vet.  Is this common among old dogs?  I’ve posted a temporary photo of him at: http://www.strato.net/~wedig/tongue.jpg.

Thanks for any replies or suggestions,
Suzan Wedig