[Dailydrool] Bassets & Christmas trees

Swartz foxybear at cox.net
Wed Nov 16 13:27:11 PST 2011

First, Colt & Ruger continue to demand homemade chicken jerky treats so that they can produce and sling out drool to all the sick or injured hounds and humans out in drool land.  Also deepest heartfelt sympathies for anyone whose furangel has left for the Rainbow Bridge.

As for the Christmas tree... well the Bad A** Basset Brothers (now 4 1/2 years old) have yet to tempted with a traditional tree.  We have a small house, with small rooms that our furniture is to big for...so no room for a decent christmas tree.   I do have a 3 foot artificial tree that is decorated with Hallmark "Puppy Love" series ornaments. The tree also has a Sad Sam & Sad Samantha (cartoon bassets) tree skirt.  I also drap garland & lights over the entertainment center and pictures on the wall. The boyz have not bothered any of this...except for the santa hats that are put on my faux stone gargoyles that sit on the floor around my plant stands.  I think that they pull them off of the gargoyles and try to put them on their own heads to wear.  And of course, both hounds have their own christmas stocking!  I did have a 6ft artifical tree when I had the Fab 5 ATB. They never bothered the tree except to sniff it and the presents and to occassionally lay under it.  The only bad thing was that I could never manage to get a good picture of one of them sleeping under the tree. The would always get up to follow me when I went to get a camera...hoping that I was going after cookies!

Love and drool to all.
Michele; Momma to the Bad A** Basset Brothers
Colt "Don't forget to hang my x-mas stocking up"
Ruger "Hang them with care, mind you!"

Women are Angels...And when someone breaks their wings..They simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...They are flexible like that...