[Dailydrool] ocolate and Trees

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 19:36:05 PST 2011

I know I have chimed in before but here goes again.  Many years ago when we
had our first two basset girls, Sassy and Daisy, we discovered how well
those basset noses can work.  We had a tree and presents under it.  One of
the presents was a box of Ferrero Rochier candy.  This was a hard plastic
sealed box.  What a dope for leaving chocolate anywhere near a basset but
we didn't know how persistent they could be.  Someone or two someones
unwrapped the box, got it open, and ate all the candy.  The wrappers were
all wadded up laying on the floor around the tree.  The bassets didn't seem
any worse for the chocolate.

Bassets here just love to walk under trees.  So we put big jingle bells at
the bottom on the lower branches.  Then we know that something is afoot and
try to stop it.  Sherlock loved going under the tree but he would never
stay there.  Last year Ninja would go under and take a nap in the corner
wedged against the wall.  No one has been too destructive lately.  And the
cats have not tried to climb a tree yet.  I shouldn't speak too soon.  This
year could be different.  We have tied the tree up by putting a hook in the
ceiling and a string around the top branch of the tree.  Then we tied the
string to the hook.  It keeps the tree upright mostly.  That works around
kids too.  We also never put presents under the tree.  The dogs just carry
them off and rip them open.

Drool to all in need from:
Ninja, Marley, Maggie and Shelby