[Dailydrool] How we got bassets...

Gwen Dossey pengwen65 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 20 15:25:44 PST 2011

We got our first basset (Tatum) because my husband grew up with a beagle and knew they had too much energy for us.  He said the next best thing for us would be a basset.  While we were visiting relatives in Visalia (CA), there was an ad for a basset puppy for $99.  We went and looked and fell in love!  We will never be without a basset again!!

When Tatum passed away in 2001, we got our Teddi that same day.  The next year for her birthday we got our Casper.  When we were signing her up for puppy classes we saw Sadie Jean at a Furry Friends adoption showcase at PetSmart and that's where we learned about rescue (who in their right mind would give up a basset?!?!?).  When Sadie Jean passed away in 2007 from bloat, we foster failed our Madden.  And then we lost Casper this past February and in June GGBR asked if we could pick up an 8-week old buppy and we're about to foster fail with Sasha (it will be official after we get her spayed tomorrow!!)!!

It turns out that 3 is our lucky number!!

Healing drool to all those in need and an early Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

~Gwen - Slave to Tatum (ATB), Teddi, Casper (ATB), Sadie Jean (ATB), Madden and Sasha~ (:>