[Dailydrool] Shelter Challenge success -- now Drool votes switch to another rescue?

Hinchliffe at aol.com Hinchliffe at aol.com
Thu Nov 24 05:51:46 PST 2011

Hi all --

First, congratulations to Basset Rescue Crew of the Southeast -- and  to
all of the Droolers who have voted so faithfully every day -- what a
wonderful feeling on Thanksgiving to know that those homeless houndies and their
devoted volunteers have won $1,000!!!

Now -- there's been a suggestion (seconded by Jane of BaRSCE herself) that
since BaRCSE can't win another prize, that in these last weeks, we switch
and  turn our enthusiastic voting to another shelter to win the money for
them.

I think it would be wonderful -- and fair -- if we all now vote for
Carolina Basset Hound Rescue.  They were such gracious and supportive team
players, switching all of their voting to support BaRSCE (in their state).   They
had been in the top ten before they switched, so I feel sure that the Drool
votes will bump them way up to the top in Louisiana, so that they can win
$1,000  too.

I know all of the rescues are worthy and great, but since Carolina Basset
Hound Rescue has been so good about sacrificing their own chances to help
their  sister rescue win, wouldn't it be a fitting gesture in this howliday
season for  us to thank them by voting for them?

Love and drool (and pecan pies) to everyone!  On this day, one of the
things I give thanks for is the Daily Drool and how it has enriched my life for
more than 15 years, bringing me love, laughter, tears, great friends, and
the  warm feeling of belonging to a very special community.

Beth H. (Duchess ATB and Blueberry ATB)