[Dailydrool] Dry eye?

Dawn Gardner dawn at happyhoundpetservices.com
Fri Nov 25 16:24:36 PST 2011

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with chronic dry eye in dogs.  I
have a foster doxie that has it, and the salve I put in her eyes every day
costs $54 for a small tube.  On one hand, I hope she gets a great home that
can afford to feed her filet minon every night and doesn't care about money,
but I hate to think she might end up somewhere they would decide to let it
slide because of the price.

Anybody know any alternatives to the prescription cyclosporine?  She has to
be on it forever, so if there is something out there that would be easier to
swallow by a forever home, please share!  I know, she's not a basset, but
she's a sassy little short legged hound dog!

Thanks!

Dawn Gardner
Behavioral Consultant & Trainer
Happy Hound Pet Services