[Dailydrool] Mulephants and other animals

Julie Haegele jules56pt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 20:24:27 PST 2011

Tonight I got to bathe three very reluctant balky bassets.  Two of them are
going to a party tomorrow and I thought it would be nice to have them smell
just a little sweeter than normal.  What do you get when you cross a balky,
elephant sized mule with a basset?  You get a mulephant.  Maggie is the
mulephant.  Nic had to carry her "petite" fanny up the stairs and get her
in the tub.  She did not fight but did not cooperate either.  Next came
Marley.  The DH was supposed to get her upstairs without letting her get
under the bed.  Did this happen??  No.  When I came out from bathing Maggie
there was so much snarling and snapping you would have thought a pack of
feral wolves were in there.  It seems that they got her out by offering a
treat.   Ninja stole the treat and Marley got mad.  She went under the
other side of the bed.  Wailing and nashing of teeth.  You would have
thought we were trying to kill her.  Nic finally picked her up when she
inched her way out.  She was bellowing and snapping the whole time.  We got
the Troll-mule in the tub and got her cleaned up.  I was not going to wash
Ninja but she was right there wanting to know what we were doing so she got
a bath too.  Not as much of a mule as the others.  But she had to have her
ears cleaned.  Not a happy camper.

Now I am sitting in the family room with the scent of Eau de Damp Basset
wafting through the room.  Truely a lovely smell.   And it is raining so
the smell is more intense.  There are three sqeaky clean bassets here and
one who really needs a good scrubbing.  Shelby is left to do but I just
couldn't face it tonight.  She is such a sweetie but does not like the
bathtub.  I will save her for another day.  The kitties went into hiding.
They will not be bathed unless there is no escape.

I think I need a glass of something.

Soggy drools from Ninja, Marley, Maggie and the very dry Shelby.  The
kitties are not talking.