[Dailydrool] Retractable leashes

Rebecca Stanton stumpypaws at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 14:16:06 PST 2011

I have to say we too use a retractable leash which we find absolutely wonderful but I would agree that it depends entirely on the type of basset concerned.  Most of the time Morse is off the lead, but when he is on the lead, let's just say that he is a plodder and there is just no way he would ever be yanking the lead out of my hand.   However, the border collie, Danny, I used to walk many years ago became startled one day, when out on a walk, by a hot air balloon, and when the lead flew out of his owner's hands it catapulted into Danny's leg and shattered it.  He was off his feet for many months but okay in the end, but I do realise how dangerous they can be.
Becky, Morse and Pumbaa ATB