[Dailydrool] Basset News

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 17 15:14:25 PST 2011

Great article.

Totally true.

Went to the pound to get a companion for Cyrus the lab who was lonely and sad
all day.  And fell ... hook line and sinker for the adorable basset hound.
NEVER, ever even considered one before.  Knew absolutely NOTHING about the
breed.  We've lived in this county for 20 years and Snoopy was our 3rd pull from
the pound ... they were chuckling profusely but they didn't tell us why and they
couldn't send Snoopy home with us fast enough ....

good thing there's a daily drool, or we might have failed.

Instead we are a happy, mixed family.  While my mother (may her memory be for
blessing) is probably rolling over in her grave over our not getting another
lab, we made the right choice.

--Dale ... .the accidental basset momPerson to Snoopy, and momPerson to Cyrus
the lab (who acts like a lab, most of the time, although he's starting to get
some basset traits now, sheesh)